Thursday, May 22, 2014

Looking Back, Moving Forward

I hear office wear in Peru is a little different...

I'm posting this from my old office in Chennai, India, where I'm spending a few weeks setting up a study with female flower-garland stringers. Then I'm headed to Lima, Peru. I'll spend the rest of the summer working for the Ministry of Education there, thanks to generous funding from the Women and Public Program and additional support from the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies. 

One of the projects I'll be working on is adapting a successful tutoring model from India to help struggling students in Lima. I'm excited to have a chance to visit both countries this summer, and to apply lessons I've learned here in India toward closing the gender gap in education in Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment